Monday, February 2, 2009

You're Not The Boss Of Me

So here is the latest conversation between the two “intelligent” ones.

Queen F&M: “I mean it! You need to listen to me.”

Old Gal: “No I don’t. I’m the big sister.”

Queen F&M: “Yes, you do too! A, I’m the boss and 2, you’re not.”

By now I am laughing hysterically with Kelly joining in heartily. This irritates the fire out of Old Gal, who makes the comment, “ and YOU better not blog this!” I believe this was followed by something about me being a “blogging wench” or some such thing. Family. Good times!

Next subject ~ I am getting ready to give Kelly a shot in her stomach. She hates it and I wish I didn’t have to do it. Actually, I don’t mind giving the shot, I just wish she didn’t have to have them. I think she is a bit nervous about me administering this hypodermic cocktail. I have tried to comfort her with the knowledge that this is not the first time I have given someone a shot. I have given many a jab into the neck of our horses. I even helped with the amputation of one of our goats legs. I threw that in just so she would relax should I need to do something about “Lulu” (the name of her right leg}

Final thought for the day ~ David called and was concerned not everyone knew how to get to the comments people leave regarding Kelly’s blog. In case that might be true, here are the directions:

Read the blog. At the end you will see this: Posted by Kelly at (time) (#) comments Links to this post . Click on the part that says comments. Read the comments. Post your own comment. Any questions?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marla,
You are so honest. I never told her most of my shot experience was with animals. Figured what she didn't know didn't hurt her. Only a few times with humans. Glad it is you now and not me.

Kelly you are a trooper. Have a great day tommorrow. Miss you guys

Hugs...Cher

Anonymous said...

Hey Cher ~

We miss you! Time to turn around and come back. I am practicing keeping my mouth shut with these two since anything & everything I say can & will be used against me. That's ok....I have now commandeered this blog & I'm not afraid to use it!

Love you cousin ~

Anonymous said...

HAIL TO THE QUEEN, HER BEAUTY AND DUTY COURT.(OR IS THAT DOO-DY COURT) I MISS YOU TOO! We are just leaving Gonzales toured 7 warehouses of Archectural Salvage.
Cool Stuff. Hugs to you all..CHER

Anonymous said...

Oops Architechtural Salvage guess I better learn to use spell check

Anonymous said...

Architectural, whew finally

Nicole said...

Shots in the stomach - doesn't sound fun. Shots anywhere actually. She's lucky to have her sister there to help her out. I'm such a wimp that just thinking about it makes me queasy. I think I'd be more the Char in the equation. :)

Give Kelly a big kiss for me. My girls and I were busy finding funny and even rude cards today at Hallmark. My oldest daughter Meaghan (age 13) would not participate. She finds no humor or appropriateness for your comments or mine. Her disapproving look spoke volumes last night as she was reading the blog. God, it's like having my mom living with me all over again.

{{hugs}} Nicole

Anonymous said...

Hey Kell you should have me there. Mickey says I'm the only one who gave her her shots in the stomach that didn't hurt or bruise. It must be the practice I got giving Dad his insulin. At least I've worked on people, not animals like these other two! How did all the tests go thus far? We leave for Gila Bend tomorrow and then Mexico on Thurs. Larry will have a Margarita in your honor and I will sing some karoke(sp?) Aren't glad you won't have to listen?
Love Maureen