Thursday, February 12, 2009

Countdown To Freedom

Kelly had her angiogram today at St. Luke’s and all went well. The findings were good enough that they didn’t have to embolize the artery. After a long day of resting and waiting she was finally taken back to MDA by ambulance. We made sure she was safe and sound in her room before we came back to the hotel. It is now 12:33 am. A long day indeed!

Kel will be taken to surgery at approx 5:15 am with the actual surgery beginning around 7 am. We will receive updates from the operating room every 2 hours. We will do our very best to update the blog as we receive updates.

Even though the future is uncertain right now and Kelly certainly faces some challenging days ahead, tomorrow begins her countdown to freedom from steroids. There is hope she may walk again, not be so miserably uncomfortable and lose those puffy pounds she hates so much. It may not be an easy road but please pray it is the road to freedom.

We love you all because of the way you love our little sister. Thank you for your prayers and please don’t quit.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlies, yes it is me your late"NIGHT OWL" cousin. I take after my mom,I think the coolest prom dresses were made in the quiet of the night while we were sleeping.
Kelly I know our moms are your angels watching over you and believe me I am sure they are telling the man upstairs what is so.
You are a strong,hopeful and faithful girl and you have many friends and family pulling for you.
We are sending our love and hugs to you all. Hang in there sistas we are all here for you.
Love.......Cher and Kelly

RV Road Trip Houston to Salinas.
Look out I-10 here we come!

Linda White said...

Kelly, Marla and Char,
Your Aunt Lillian, my son Ethan and I were up early praying for Kelly and the surgeon's hands. We prayed for the O.R. to be filled with angels helping and assisting in every way.

You are with us all and we'll keep lifting you up!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

My Mom and I are in constant prayer for all of you today. May the Lord give comfort to all. Much love and many hugs!

Jana and Dana

Nicole said...

With you today, as always, in throughts and prayers. We love you so, so much and hope that everything goes as hoped for today.

Marla - thank you for keeping up updated. It's helps to feel informed and connected.

I know today will be a long, long day for you girls. Will be thinking about you as well.

Love, Nicole

Kathy Blair Moore said...

Dear Kelly, Marla & Char,

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love, Kathy Blair Moore

Vagina MonoBlogs said...

I love you Aunt Kelly. And I love Marla & Char & David for taking such good care of you. I will be thinking of you all day, but that is nothing new.
xo
Natalie

Anonymous said...

Kelly, Char and Marla, David too!

YOU ARE LOVED. PRAYERS YOU WAY!

Love you......Cher