Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Short & Sweet, Like Us

It’s after 10pm and we have to be up again at 5am, so this will be short & sweet, like us.

Today Kelly had only ONE MRI. Woo Hoo!! It was also the shortest one ever, only 25 minutes. That’s not counting the 2 hour wait, not that we’re complaining. One observation however. Putting Kelly and me in a room alone for 2 hours can and does often lead to strange and bizarre conversations. For example:

As I was helping Kelly change into scrubs this morning for her MRI, we had the following conversation.

Marla ~ “Hey, when you get off steroids and lose all your weight, I’m taking all your new clothes you just bought. I’ll have a whole new wardrobe!”

Kelly ~ “I just hope you don’t get them this Friday.”

Marla ~ “Yeah right. Like I’m gonna say, hey wait, before you take her away let me get those clothes off her.”

At this point we both burst out laughing hysterically, which turned to crying, which led to more tasteless comments from both of us which led to more laughing. Stress is a strange & yet wonderful thing ….. Or maybe you just had to be there.

Anyway, after the MRI we headed back to the hotel with Char & Theresa where we had breakfast and then went back to the room for a 2 hour nap. Then we ate lunch in the room, in bed of course! The grand finale to our day was dinner from Dominoes, in bed, while we watched one of our all time FAVORITE movies, What Ever Happened to Baby Jane!! A must see!!

One last thing. Seems Char put on a production of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane in high school. She was the producer and starred in the lead role……or something like that. Anyway, in the crux of the movie, Baby Jane, who is a REALLY scary Bette Davis character, breaks out in song & dance. It’s super creepy, scary to say the least. Right in the middle of the scene, I look over to see Char singing & dancing with Baby Jane. It gave me chills. Kelly laughed but I think she was actually terrified. We will definitely be sleeping with one eye open tonight.

Keep Kelly in your prayers. She has her angiogram tomorrow at 6am and then gets checked into ICU where she will rest until surgery at 7am on Friday morning.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly - love following your stories! I am really thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers!! I know you are going to come out of this just fine!

Nicole said...

LOL! The visual of Char was enough to make us choke on our Cheerios this morning -- literally! Meaghan was thrilled to receive a personal address, and while I still think she has reservations about laughing about anything, she loved hearing more from you guys. (Have I ever mentioned she is the oldest 13 year old on the planet, with -- she's not reading this one -- almost zero in the sense of humor.)

Prayers and hugs your way this morning!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kelly,
We are keeping you in our prayers!
We know you will get through this just fine like you have so many times before.

We will see you soon,
Love Izabella and Jorun

Anonymous said...

Dearest Cousing Kelly,
Just letting you know how much we love you. Sending BIG PURPLE Oompah Loompah hugs to YOU. Our thoughts and prayers are always with you and we know that walking through that front door is your goal. So, yes, a Kelly's Back BBQ is definately in the plans.
Hugs, Kisses and an envelope of white light for safety is sent your way.
Oompah Loompah hugs for Char, Marla and David, too!
You are an awesome girl and we are all cheering you on.
Love.....Cousins Cher and Kelly

Denise Davey said...

Love you Kelly and thinking of you!

Phyllis said...

Kelly:

Just want to let you know that we are thinking and praying for you.
Hang in there girl, you are a rock

Love always

Phyllis & Beverly

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I have been thinking about you all day!! I have been praying for you this week as I will be tomorrow morning. Have faith that the Lord will be cradling you in his large fatherly hands during your surgery tomorrow. I know that you are going to be just fine. I am sending a few of my favorite scripture verses. They are a great comfort to me as I hope they will be to you.

Psalm 25:4-6 (New International Version)
4 Show me your ways, O LORD,
teach me your paths;
5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
6 Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old.

Romans 15:13 (New International Version)
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Much love to the Short and Sweet trio of Casaaaaas Sisters! (Your Dad told me how to spell your last name.) Give hugs to each other from me and an extra one to Kel! Marla, I will expect a phone call!!!!

Love Jana, aka The other chick, aka Banana, aka Liz (That's what your Dad calls me (Smile!)