Friday, December 1, 2006

Dec 1st Update

I'm 8 treatments into my 22 radiation treatments. The last two days have been better, they are the first that I haven't thrown up in a long time. Marla is taking good care of me. It's very hard to swallow, since two of the tumors they are radiating are in my throat. It feels like a pill is stuck in there and will not go down. The sides of my neck are turning red, kind of like a sunburn. There is not a lot to report on, since I spend most of the day in bed or lying around watching TV. Speaking of TV, Dish Network cancelled our ABC channel, something about a lawsuit with the cable companies. Monterey doesn't have a local ABC channel and we were getting it from Los Angeles. Now I can't watch Good Morning America, Grey's Anatomy, Boston Legal, All My Children and all the other shows on ABC. When we called Dish, they tell us we have a contract that allows them to change programming, end of story. Pretty good customer service, huh? I'm organizing a boycott of Dish now. Everyone should cancel to show support. Seriously, they win the worst customer service award for this year. We are looking into Direct TV now and will probably switch next week. That is the most exciting thing going on with me right now. Marla and I put up the tree yesterday (I paid someone to deliver it). Theresa and Gina are coming up to decorate. I can't wait, I need some Christmas spirit around here. Oh, KC came home. She's an inside cat again.

Today we found out that David has skin cancer. (When it rains it pours.) A malignent Basal Cell skin cancer. He's going to have the rest of the spot removed next week. Hopefully, they found it early enough and this will be the end of it.

Take care. When something worth reporting happens I'll update everyone.

Good Night.

1 comment:

Jorun said...

Dear Kelly and David,

I just wanted to drop a note to let you know that I am thinking about you and praying that you will both feel better soon.
I am saddened to hear about David's skin cancer, and also about the way the radiation is treating you Kelly.

I know I am kind of far away being here in Arizona, but if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know!

Love, Jorun