Thursday, December 14, 2006

Dec 14

It's hard to believe it's been a week since we posted. Time flys when you're not having fun. The last week is a blur. I cannot believe Marla is leaving tomorrow. She's been great. Now I will have to remind David to feed me, I'll probably lose more weight and certainly won't take my pills on time. Lord help me. Char will be hear on the 19th, hopefully I survive until then.

I cannot explain how nauseous I have been. The radiation doctor didn't think his radiation should be causing it, so he did a Cat Scan and found out I have edema (swelling of the brain) from the gamma procedure I had last May. the swelling is in a place that tells my brain that it's time to throw up, so I am constantly nauseous, mostly with dry heaves. It's not like when you are sick with the flu and feel better after you throw up, you feel like throwing up ALL the time. It really sucks. He's putting me on steroids which is supposed to reduce the swelling. He also gave me marijuana pills to help with the nausea. I'll let you know if they make me high :) I know the steroids are going to make me fat :( I'll take fat if they can stop the vomitting.

I am getting better even though I feel worse. I'm walking better and don't hurt all the time. I even reduced my pain medication from 100 mcg/hr to 50 mcg/hr.

Thanks to everyone for all the emails and cards, they really brighten my day.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Kelly - See, if I were closer, I'd be a huge help. Because I know on at least one occasion, I did a superb job of holding back your hair while you threw up! Don't be silly and think about gaining weight, better gaining a few than losing some at this point.

I'm sure it is scary having Marla leave because she's been such a huge help, but I know you and you'll be just fine. As long as you are doing everything you are supposed to - and aren't too high from the pills!!! :)

Miss you, love you and thinking about you. Nicole

Anonymous said...

Wow Kelly a high without even having to roll it. Hope you got my message in time to hug Marla for me.Is she coming back after Christmas?
David will probably step up to the plate and if he doesn't you can kick him up to it.
About gaining weight you always were a skinny thing unlike me who is looking more like Uncle Swiss everyday. The older I get the fatter I get. Go figure.
I know Marla has always been a great caretaker for everyone, if I get sick I'll call her.
I told Mickey if something happened to me she would have to come live with my kids so they could have all their animals in the house. Plus she did a pretty good job with JB.
I hope your feeling for vomiting goes away soon and the swelling goes down as well. It's the pitts to vomit and not even have gotten drunk the night before.
Sending lots of hugs for you hope Char is as good of a caretaker as Marla has been. (Good thing Marla made her a list) Love you Cuz, Cher

Anonymous said...

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly....as sung by Woody on Cheers....I know you know what song I am talking about Kelly....and I know you will think it is funny if you are taking those Mary Jane pills.

Thinking of you and wishing you well!!

Love,

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
We all are thinking about you and are with you all the way...you didn't name you Kelly for nothing! There has to be a little bit of Irish in you...you are full of fight, postive spirit, and resilency.
You have always been the greatest neighbor and friend.
All the Gibson's love you and wish you and Dave a peaceful Christmas and renewed health and strength in the New Year.
Miss you and love you.
Mary Ann, Shannon, Kevin, Brian, David, and Mr. Jameson Gibson