Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Surgery went well!

Kelly is resting in ICU right now, quite comfortably considering what she went through earlier. She was admitted to MDA on Friday, having her tumor embolized in preparation for Monday. Her nine hour surgery yesterday went very well, with the vast majority of the tumor being removed, two titanium rods screwed and cemented in place. And the best news is no paralysis!

Nicole (partially plagerized from Marla)

PS - Marla took a FANTASTIC photo of Kelly - quite possibly one of the best ever from a blackmail point of view - but out of respect for her (for now)...I won't post it. Keep your eyes out though, because as soon as she is back in Calfornia recovering at home...all bets are off. :)

7 comments:

Maureen said...

That's our Kelly, you can't get her down. Are you going for the Bionic Woman Kell?

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR said...

Kelly will remain in my thoughts! I'm so happy that the surgery went well!

Marla said...

Oh Nicole....I love you! bwahahaha

As for you, Kelly Jeanne! I miss you and wish I was still there. We are praying for the Queen (that would be you) to be able to make an appearance at the wedding.

I love you!

Pocahontas

Anonymous said...

We call our Kellie the Queen also! Hope Kelly is doing well and knows that I am thinking of her every day and praying for a speedy recovery. Once she gets back in Cali and up to speed I am overdue for a long visit with her.

You too Hansen Farm! Mark and I need to find our way to Oklahoma now that my house will be an empty nest.

Cheryl Lee said...

praises! continued prayers for healing and strength!

Andrea said...

Sooooo glad the surgery went well Kelly! Prayers for your full recovery!!! Sending love -
Cousin Andrea

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly Girl,
Glad the surgery went well. Hugs and Love Cuz

Cher