Saturday, February 10, 2007

5 Day Treatment Scheduled (2/12-2/16)

Thought I'd take a quick moment to update yesterday's visit with Dr. Chang, @ UCSF. Overall the meeting confirmed that the other Neuro Oncologists were planning the right treatment, however, I now feel more comfortable after talking with Dr. Chang as she has seen the "whole" picture (from my brain tumor to the metastasized tumors).

In conjunction with my local oncologist, they have a final chemo treatment plan, which unfortunately increased the number of days in the hospital from 4 to 5. I will enter on Monday 2/12 and go home on either Friday or Saturday depending on what time they actually start the chemo Monday. Evidently there is a shot I must receive after the final treatment, 4-8 hours at the end, that will determination my release time. My fingers are crossed for Friday!

As I said, I'm looking forward to Therese at the hospital Monday thru Thursday. There's a Starbucks in the facility and we are hoping for daily Chai Tea's & our Soap Opera's (I recently got re-hooked on All My Children after xx amount of years!) Also, Char has decided to come to visit me the following Sunday since I am told, if you are going to get sick, it usually occurs 3+ days after you return from the hospital. Since Char's stomach is about as weak as mine (very) I thought that was very sweet - last time I was sick she just kept trying to do my hair and put make-up on me! Everyone has there place, her's is making sure you look good. She's great.

I'm not sure if I will have Internet access from the hospital, or when I will be up to the next update, but know that I am thinking about all of you and THANKING you for your PRAYERS and thoughts that get me this daily routine.

Love to you and your families,
Kelly

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was sitting here thinking about everything you are going through and everything you have already gone through in your life. You are by far one of the bravest, most amazing people I have ever known. I can think of lots of times in my life that I looked at you and felt proud you were my sister but none more than now. There is not a moment in the day that I am not thinking of you, wishing I was there. Some days I am angry this is happening to you. Some days I am scared or sad. But not today. Today I am determined more than ever to stand with you remembering His promises. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. I love you! Marla

Boyer said...

Hello Kelly!
Brian and I just read over your blogs. I have been keeping him up to date on your status but never mentioned Uncle Charlie in the updates. He was sad to hear about how he is doing. Brian remembered a story from our wedding in Pleasanton about Aunt Bernice and Uncle Charlie. He wanted us to go visit him and go to Disneyland. We saw them again at Zora's funeral. Brian and I went down memory lane starting at our wedding and the reunion at Maureen's ranch (?). I was trying to remember who belonged to whom! :) Your family is so large.
Marla's message is so sweet. It makes me wish I had a sister. You three seem so close. Thanks to Char for keeping you so pretty. Take your lipstick to the hospital. A good lipstick always makes you feel pretty!
May God bless you, Kelly. May he have his hands on you at the hospital and the days following. We will continue to pray for your health. Hang in there...
With lots of love,
Brian and Beth Boyer
Cameron and Kennedy, too!

Nicole said...

Kelly - It's hard to find the right words to say, yet somehow Marla came across so eloquent and poetic. I apologize ahead if I don't meet that standard.

I sit here daily thinking of you and wondering how the heck this is happening. I am constantly amazed at the way you are handling things and the strength that is clearly part of the core of who you are. I often think of the fun times that we shared and they bring a smile. I think of how you tackled every obstacle - be it a Christmas party, a comp plan, a difficult recruiter. It's so you to be able to take any situation and just handle it.

I'll be thinking of you this week and praying for you. My mother and father send their love and want you to know that they are thinking of you too.

I'll call and check on you later this week. ((Hugs))

Love you -- Nicole

Anonymous said...

HI KELLY
THIS IS NICOLES DAD, DON. THANKS SO MUCH FOR TAKING TIME OUT FROM YOUR TREATMENT SCHEDULE TO SEND A CARD AND MESSAGE TO US ABOUT BAM PASSING. NICOLE SURELY KEEPS US UPTODATE ON YOUR EVERY MOVE FOR LIKE YOU SHE IS A VERY CARING PERSON. WE ARE CERTAIN IF ANYONE CAN HANDLE THESE NOT SO PLEASANT TIMES . IT WILL BE YOU. HERES WISHING YOU A MOST SPEEDY RETURN TO A HEALTHY GAL. LOVE DON AND VERLIE

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
It's your cousin Kathy in Riverside. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this Blog of yours - it is a gift for those of us who live so far away. I was so happy to spend time with you at Steve and Nancy's wedding. I can't believe it has been a year and four months ago. I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to come and visit with you yet - I am hoping to come see you this summer. Throughout our lives, the times spent with you, Marla, Char, and your family have been highlights for Terri, Linda, and I.
My memmories of family gatherings and special occasions are so precious to me, with the six of us girls going through all of our various stages in life. You are such a special girl, Kelly. I just think of you and can see your smiling face and hear your precious voice. It breaks my heart to think of the suffering you are going through. I understand suffering well, and it is a private and lonely journey no matter how many people are with you. You basically walk through it with your hand in the Lord's. I know you are doing this, and I know He definitely has His hand on you. I want you to know how much my sisters, my mother, and I love you, and that we are all lifting you in prayer daily.
May God bless you and protect you, and surround you with His angels. May this coming procedure work perfectly to destroy all unhealthy cells, and may your healthy cells stay strong and multiply until there is no longer any room for unhealthy cells in your little body...In Jesus sweet holy name I pray.
I love you,
Kathy