Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Slight Change in Plans

Over the last few days some things have changed in scheduling my first round of treatments & associated tests. After talking to my doctors we have collectively decided it would be best to go now to visit my dad in Oklahoma before I start chemo. Dad is almost 87 and on hospice due to his failing health. Although Marla, Char & I are sure Dad will outlive us all, I want to make sure I get to visit him within the next 6 months which would not be possible during my treatments, so I must make the trip right now.

Char, Karen & I will visit Dad and Hansen Farm for a quick trip Thursday, Feb 1st and return Sunday, Feb 4th. The port-a-cath interview has been re-scheduled for Monday Feb 5th and surgery for the cath insertion is now scheduled for Wednesday, Feb 7th. I will have to assume chemo treatments will begin sometime soon after the week of the 12th.

I did have my Echo last Friday, the 19th and an MRI yesterday on the 22nd and will get the results from both tests this Friday, the 26th. My fingers are crossed. :) for positive results. We are also still waiting for Dr. Chang, the UCSF Oncologist who specializes in brain cancer to schedule an appointment with me. She's at the "top" and has been hard to pin down!

I'm looking forward to seeing Dad & the Hansens, but not the "travel". Oh well, we do what we must for our loved ones.

I hope this blog finds you & yours in good health & good spirits and you are enjoying the New Year!

Take care and as I am keep HOPE, FAITH and BELIEF in your life!

Love to all,
Kelly

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Kelly - I am so glad you are going to be able to make the trip and see your dad. I am anxious to hear the results of all your tests Friday - so be sure to update your blog!

Just so you know, you are giving me plenty to do with looking up all the terminiology you keep throwing out there -- PET scan, cath-something. I'm constantly on google.

It was great getting the email from you the other day!

Lots of love, Nicole

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,

I know that you are usually overwhelmed with calls and emails, but wanted to let you know that I religiously read your blog and that you are in my thoughts everyday.

Send my love to Uncle Charlie, the Hansen family, and all your children(even the cranky bird:-)

I love you.

~Gwen

Anonymous said...

Hey Bobo~ Funny, I don't recall inviting you people to my house! I am not telling the old man you are stopping by since he will DRIVE ME CRAZY until you arrive. Char said I better tell him about an hour before you arrive so he knows who you are. I told her I will tell him Joseph, Thomas and Bobo are here and he will know for sure who you are. Hey, ya gotta laugh or you'll go insane. I'm laughing all the time!

So when they do that PET scan do they swing a dog or a cat over you? No, the cat would be for a CAT scan. Silly me. I am more convinced by the day your fancy smancy doctor is a VET!

Dad just turned his TV up FULL VOLUME and then asked me if I could hear it ok. He also asked me who my father was again. Do you think he is trying to tell me something? Could it be true that I am not a Casaseseseses by blood?? Next time he asks I think I might tell him I am Mohammed Ali's daughter from Mom's first marriage. Might make for some interesting dialogue.

So you are going to wear wigs? Is that what I read somewhere? Hey, works for me & Bob....if ya know what I mean....wink, wink!

Ok, the Master of the house is SCREAMING my name. Miranda probably beat him in Poker again and he wants his quarter back. Kids!

LOVE YOU.....Marla

JavaJimmy said...

Kelly - tell your Dad I said Hi.
Then take the next 3 days to explain who I am.

By the way - I had my MRI done last week. The trouble's all in the back and there's nothing in my head (which explains a lot of stuff). I'm getting microscopic surgery done next week to pop the disk back into place then I should be as good as new.

Anyway, like I said, give your Dad my best.

By the way, that's a lovely set of pajamas you're wearing today.

Love ya - Jimmy

Nicole said...

Kelly -- I hope the trip went well, anxious to hear about it when you are ready.

Good luck tomorrow....I'll be thinking of you.

Love, Nicole