Sunday, July 1, 2007

A Political Statement for July 4th - Retraction!

If anyone read the original "Statement" posted earlier today - it has been officially RETRACTED! Mr. Sewart took the liberty to masquerade as me behind my BLOG - I think we should limit this space to more meaningful conversation like staying healthy, playing with our animals(which I did today!), and looking forward to seeing the family on the Fourth of July!!

Here's a quick update on my health - I was in the hospital for 7 days and finished Round 4 of my treatments 2 weeks ago. It was a bit rough this session, as the doctors had warned that every Round can intensify in terms of how you feel. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling great in this round, however, it's behind me and I am just looking forward to positive results! Posted around my house on mirrors, frig, etc., I have some goals: 1) Remission - End of Summer
2) Ride Harley - Fall
3) Return to Normal - Thanksgiving
4) Christmas in Oklahoma

Next my doctors will schedule a PetScan to see how the treatments worked; probably end of July, early August as it takes several weeks for the medicine to completely go through your body. Since Marla & family will be here the month of July, I will try to push everything out to August anyway!!

Speaking of Marla - they should arrive sometime tomorrow, I'm not sure when? Not to say I'm excited, but I have a vacation calendar that I printed out with gueast arrival & departures and the daily activities. David says a vacation should have no agenda. I think we at least need some "guidelines". This should be an interesting month trying to wrangle 10 people in to a schedule. Stay tuned!

Hope all is well with you and your families. Happy Fourth!!

Love,
Kelly

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Bummed I missed the post that was retracted...whatever it said, it sounds juicy!

Glad to hear that you are back in the saddle and anxiously awaiting the 4th in Cayucos and it sounds like a slew of visitors. Everytime we visit my parents, my dad says to us after a few days, "Fish and visitors. Hmph, they both stink after 3 days!" I hope that theory doesn't hold true with your clan. Although quite frankly, I am sure that it doesn't with mine either! We are a delightful bunch, very low maintenance. :) hee hee!

We are off to Disneyland/California Adventure for 3 nights of Mickey'd bliss. We were *supposed* to be going to Vegas with the kids - staying at Mandalay Bay, tickets to Mystere, etc..., but we had a slight change in plans - that's a story for another time. But we are looking forward to some carefree time with the girls and each other.

The girls are getting so much easier - take this morning - "Who wants to go to the beach?" "Me!" "Great, slap on your bikinis, grab a water bottle and a snack and towel and I'll meet you at the car." So easy. It's a bit tough to take to be honest, I'm so used to controlling and doing it all!

Enjoy the time in Cayucos and with the family! Wish we were there!

Love, Nicole

Christina Russell said...

Hey Cute Kelly,

Its the eldest of the Russell girls from the OC and I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I think about you everyday. I know it sounds creepy but it really isn't, your wedding announcement has been on our fridge!! Congratulations from all of us.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and let you know we are pulling for you to soon be "normal", but then again I don't think anyone associated with Gina Simms is normal right? We will be pulling and praying for you if a fifth round is necessary.

All my love and strength,
Christina

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
Glad you could make it to Cayucos. It was great fun chasing you around. Wish I could have stayed for the fireworks but I guess it was to foggy and cold anyway. Kaitlyn and Billy stayed to the bitter end. You go girl.
Kelly you can tell you don't have kids cause if you did not only would you not have time to make a schedule (guidelines) but you would have to throw it out on the first day. With kids most things don't go as planned. For me, flying by the seat of my pants seems to be the number one on the guideline. I figure the less I plan the less disappointed I am when the plans are interupted. I think I am making excuses for just plain being unorganized. Oh well I will leave the organizing to you.
Can't wait to see you. Love Cher

Anonymous said...

P. S. I missed the post with David the poser. Darn Cher

Anonymous said...

Sorry it's interrupted

Anonymous said...

Ok Kelly you must be having a great time with Marla and Family.
Just thinking about you. Love Cher

Vagina MonoBlogs said...

So my mom is coming to see you tomorrow, I am jealous! I hope you guys have a great time. I sent you a card a while back. I hope you got it. Love you.

Nat

Anonymous said...

OK KELLY WHERE ARE YOU? UPDATE PLEASE. HOPE YOU AND THE HANSEN CLAN ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME. DID YOU KNOW THAT THE WEEKEND KAIT AND I ARE THERE, THE SALINAS RODEO IS GOING ON. JUST A LITTLE TRIVIA. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YA'AL. GOTTIN GET MY BUTT IN GEAR AND WORK IN MY OFFICE ALL WEEK. SEE YOU SOON. THINKING ABOUT YOU. LOVE YOU CHER

MARLA COME OUT, COME OUT WHER'EVER YOU ARE!