Friday, March 23, 2007

Round Two - Let's Get to REMISSION!

After my minor set-back I am scheduled for the next five days of treatment starting this coming Monday, (3/26-30). For my benefit, my doctor has convinced me to do the treatment in the hospital so I can be watched more carefully 24/7 to ensure I do not get another infection.

Char is coming to spend Monday-Wednesday with me until Thursday, when Theresa and Karen will come for the rest of the weekend. Of course David will be in out of the hospital the whole time, as always. I figure the girls are coming just so I don’t try to escape to Starbucks again or give the Nurses and Aids too much grief. Seriously, it is so great to have David, my sisters & friends at this time – they are my rocks.

BTW – in the midst of all this, David decides to “do the right thing” and rescued a dog. So now we have a new addition, Mr. Buster Brown, a short legged Bassett Hound, just like the dog from the advertisement! His legs are about 6” from the ground and his ears are bigger than anything I’ve ever seen! He’s not pot potty trained and doesn’t have very good manners, but its David’s first rescue (YAHOO – welcome to the Casas/Walter family.) I am very proud of David who walks the boys daily, had a house built for them, and spends at least 1-2 hours “playing” with the dogs. He’s a great dad. Also, Jack, the Labradoodle absolutely loves Mr. Brown. So, I suppose now with three cats, two dogs and a talking African Grey Parrot, the family is complete. Please David, no more animals – at least for awhile.

Thanks again for all your support – especially the PRAYERS that are getting me through this challenge. I know I keep saying this, but it truly is my family & friends and your love that keep me strong.

I send my very best to you and your families.

Love always,
Kelly

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
I know it's been awhile since I've sent a note. I check your blog all the time and think of you so very often. I am amazed and love your spirit and attitude. Once again, you show us how to think and act.
You are always included in my prayers and I so look forward to you coming to SF so we can have some fun. Much love to and your whole family.. four legged and winged included.
Lenora

Nicole said...

Thinking of you my friend!

Love, Nicole

Anonymous said...

Yeah for David!!! Give a kiss to my new cousin:-))))
Oh, and I hope you're OK too...heehee.
Love,
Gwen

Anonymous said...

Ok....first I MUST say "GWEN, YOU FREAK!" She sends kisses to the smelly dog but never calls me! :)

Kel....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ~ YOU LIVE IN A ZOO (no, really) ~ YOU LOOK LIKE A MONKEY ~ AND YOU SMELL LIKE ONE TOO!!

I never claimed maturity was one of my saintly virtues! Love you!
Mar

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
Happy Birthday to you, thinking of you on this special day. Actually I am posting this after midnight so I guess Happy Belated Birthday is more appropriate. You go girl.
You will catch up with Marla yet on the animals. I always knew we came by the animal thing honestly. Oh how I loved Aunt Meta's Monkey. A little trivia, before your mom came into my house she always went to see the chickens first...she loved chickens. When is David getting you chickens?
Again Happy B-Day. Love you, Cher

Nicole said...

Oh the chickens! I remember the first time I went to your parents house for our work Christmas party and I spent the night there and was awoken by the darn chickens because someone forgot to put the blanket over them or whatever it was to keep them from waking at the crack of dawn. Or was it roosters?!